We're sorry we can't offer you a cookie in person, but here is a recipe you can make at home!
Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 1 cup butter or vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses (unsulphered)
- 1 egg or flax egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups flour or 1-1 gluten-free baking flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground gloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup turbinado or rock crystal sugar
- Cream together butter, brown and granulated sugars.
- Add molasses and egg.
- Mix in salt, baking soda, flour and spices until smooth.
- Cover mixture and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into balls and dip into turbinado or rock crystal sugar.
- Place dough balls on baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 minutes, until just set.
-Submitted by Heather Sturgill